Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

"If you want to be an ecologist, you have to stop being half-witted"


...so says the french author, Hervé Kempf (Le Monde)

...right, Premier Keneally? Got it?

Kempf continues that 'in the west, the first of our environmental responsibilities consists of reducing our consumption of material goods'.

Great excitement!!

I can do this straight away by never 'consuming' a bicycle helmet!, a highly questionable oil-based product that is supposed to be replaced every 2 years (top marks for brilliant marketing manoeuvre!!!).

I don't want to contribute to landfill anymore than I already do, and in fact I think my government is completely irresponsible by forcing me to unnecessarily consume by law!!

I'm being 'forced fed' like a suffragette!

I want to be an ecologist - I don't want to be a 'half-wit' but my government won't listen!!

The combination of mandatory helmet laws, political hegemony & public apathy has permitted 'let-them-eat-cake' politics, which has enshrined Australia's commitment to the oil industry & car culture - could anything be more plainly & wantonly half-witted?

SAY NO TO MANDATORY HELMET LAWS TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment