Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gone fishing - Yamba-style



Bicycle helmets are regulated for safety BUT nothing guarantees that they work.

Nevertheless the ACCC's regulations are supposed to prevent any unsubstantiated claims or representations that bicycle helmets can offer any benefits in protection or prevention in serious injury.

After months of deliberating, I have finally completed my letter to the ACCC Chairman and will post it first thing tomorrow. Within my missive, I have highlighted the many complaints I have concerning the problematic nature of the mandatory bicycle helmet standard and accompanying product material in licences, print advertisements, bicycle helmet promotion campaigns, legislation and online material.

I am looking forward to a simple solution to our community 'pickle' - revocation of mandatory bicycle helmet wearing when riding a bicycle.

Meanwhile I continue to 'kick-back' in Yamba - bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment