Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Have bike, will talk

(Entrance to Camperdown Memorial Park, Newtown )


1. With Foot Police crossing Redfern Street, Redfern

Them: "Helmet might be an idea"

Me: "They're terribly bad for you...and me too! - regulation 256 needs to go ASAP"

Them: "You're kidding! - oh well, spose you're kinda protected by all that hair!!!"

Me: "Ha! Ha! Ha! - everybody says that!!!! See-ya later!"

Them: "See-ya later"


2. With Mercedes Driver parking in Church Street, Newtown

Him: "You'd better not hit my car with that thing" (as I squeeze past his car)

Me: "Excuse me? - you shouldn't be parked there!"

Him: "Where's it say I can't? - can't see anything to say I can't...can you?...CAN YOU? (really shouting at me by last 'can you?')

Me: "You're parked on top of it so of course you can't see it"

Him: "SHOW ME THE LINES...SHOW ME THE FUCKING 'NO PARKING' LINES"

Me: "It's a park entrance - & you're blocking it"

Him: "WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW?...SHOW ME THE LINES...SHOW ME THE FUCKING LINES"


3. With Bicycle Police cruising Mitchell Street, Glebe

Me: "Hi"

Them: "Hi"

-------------------------------------

Bah! Les pilotes Mercedes, pas de classe!

2 comments:

  1. I use the very drive way pictured (or at least attempt to), pretty much every day of my life. It is 'parked in front of' much more often than not. Sometimes I roll a little further down the hill to a second driveway by the blocked off Federation Rd... that one's 'parked in front of' more often than the first.
    Nobody gets it.
    Thanks for your post, it was somewhat cathartic to see somebody else is also angered (if that is the emotion it gives you) by this.
    It shits me.
    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got yelled at there too Sue, for not wearing a helmet. And I laughed and yelled back at this ratty looking dude covered in tatts "Because you do everything by the book do you?". To which, I actually stumped him - all I got was spluttering back..

    Why do helmets make otherwise reasonable people lose their manners?

    ReplyDelete